What is BestBuy’s Totaltech Membership
BestBuy has replaced its 24/7 Geek Squad Support membership with a new program called Totaltech Membership. If you compare this with the previous 24/7 geek squad tech support plan, this new plan gets you additional benefits which we will discuss in this post. Using this membership you can get help with gadget installation, troubleshooting, discounts on other services and so many other perks.
How much does Totaltech Membership Cost
Totaltech Membership plan is priced at $199/year. Its the same price of previous plan 24/7 Geek Squad Tech support plan. You need a credit card to subscribe to this membership as its a auto renewing plan and you don’t want to have any interruption. You can cancel this plan or stop its renewal anytime. If the plan is cancelled within 60 days, you may get a full refund unless you used any service in the interim. Service costs will be deducted from the membership fee and remaining will be refunded in this case. If you cancel after 60 days, membership fee refund will be prorated.
Membership Benefits at a glance
Below are some of the most useful benefits that BestBuy Totaltech membership offers.
- Unlimited tech support 24/7/365 on all the technology in your home even if those products are not purchased from BestBuy. Below are the list of items where you get tech support as part of this plan.
- For products purchased from BestBuy, you get free 2-day delivery and standard installation for most of the items. For other in-home installations a standard fee of $49.99 is charged.
- 20% off Labor costs and advanced repairs and 10% off labor for custom installation.
- You’ll get up to 24 months of product protection on most products if totaltech membership is active. Also up to 24 months of Applecare+ on most apple purchases too.
- You can return items within 60 days of purchase which is a big perk according to me. Most products at BestBuy has 15-day return period without Totaltech membership.
- VIP access to phone and chat teams for faster services. A dedicated team will be available for this support.
Who should Buy Totaltech Membership
If you are getting a new home and have to setup a lot of appliances, this plan would be really helpful. Though you’ll have to pay the standard installation fee. For non tech savvy, this will be handy as they cover tech support on all of the products in your home irrespective of when and where you purchased it. BestBuy also takes care of software installations, troubleshoot, virus removal and so many software related aspects. If you are someone who always prefer to have AppleCare membership for your Apple devices, you can get a lot more perks through Bestbuy’s Totaltech membership at the same cost.
Final Thoughts on BestBuy Totaltech Membership
As many of us can do these basic troubleshoot with the help of google or YouTube, it may not be worth it for your money. if you don’t have many appliances then I personally think it’s not worth it for the amount of money you spend on it.
But for some people who doesn’t have time it wouldn’t like to research for solutions, totaltech membership can be a great value. Let me know your comments on what you think about Bestbuy’s membership plan.