If you’re on a budget and looking for a gaming monitor that won’t break the bank, you’re in luck. With advancements in technology, it’s now possible to get a decent gaming monitor for under $200. In this blog post, we’ll be looking at the best gaming monitors under $200, divided into subcategories.
Gaming Monitor Resolution
Resolution refers to the number of pixels on the screen, and it’s an important factor to consider when looking for a gaming monitor. Here are some of the best gaming monitors under $200 based on resolution:
- ASUS VP228H – This 21.5-inch monitor has a resolution of 1920×1080 and a response time of 1ms, making it a great option for gamers who are looking for a budget-friendly monitor that can deliver fast and smooth gameplay.
- Acer R240HY – This 23.8-inch monitor has a resolution of 1920×1080 and a response time of 4ms. While it’s not as fast as the ASUS VP228H, it has a larger screen size and an IPS panel, which provides better color accuracy and wider viewing angles.
Rate Refresh rate refers to how many times per second the monitor updates the image on the screen. A higher refresh rate can reduce motion blur and make fast-paced games feel smoother. Here are some of the best gaming monitors under $200 based on refresh rate:
- AOC G2590FX – This 24.5-inch monitor has a refresh rate of 144Hz and a response time of 1ms, making it an excellent option for gamers who play fast-paced games like first-person shooters and racing games.
- ViewSonic XG2405 – This 24-inch monitor has a refresh rate of 144Hz and a response time of 1ms, and it also has an IPS panel that provides better color accuracy and wider viewing angles.
Panel type refers to the technology used to create the display on the monitor. The three most common panel types are TN, IPS, and VA. TN panels are the fastest and most affordable, but they have the narrowest viewing angles and the poorest color accuracy. IPS panels have the best color accuracy and widest viewing angles, but they’re typically slower and more expensive than TN panels. VA panels have the best contrast ratio and deep blacks, but they can suffer from motion blur. Here are some of the best gaming monitors under $200 based on panel type:
- ASUS VG245H – This 24-inch monitor has a TN panel with a refresh rate of 75Hz and a response time of 1ms. It also has built-in speakers and a blue light filter to reduce eye strain.
- AOC 24G2 – This 23.8-inch monitor has an IPS panel with a refresh rate of 144Hz and a response time of 1ms. It also has a slim bezel design that makes it ideal for multi-monitor setups.
In conclusion, there are plenty of great gaming monitors under $200 to choose from, and the best one for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. When choosing a gaming monitor, it’s important to consider factors like resolution, refresh rate, and panel type. With a little bit of research and some careful consideration, you can find a gaming monitor that will provide you with a great gaming experience without breaking the bank.